“Is there a better way to do this?”
This question guides almost everything we do at Gayler Design Build. Are you the kind of person who is always looking for a better way? Do you like to work with other motivated, energetic professionals who deliver on their commitments?
Motivated professionals enjoy working for Gayler Design Build because our environment encourages and promotes personal and professional growth. Gayler Design Build is a place where we emphasize training and promotion from within, everyone’s contributions get recognized and excellence is rewarded.
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, and you want to work with the best, most highly trained carpenters, designers, consultants, and trade partners, check out our current job openings and apply today!
Carpenters / Carpenter Apprentice / Journeyman
We are looking for entry level to experienced carpenters to join our team who are passionate about remodeling. Job duties include performing various carpentry skills and aspects of remodeling for kitchens, baths, additions, basements, etc. Must have basic carpentry skills with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn in a challenging and fun atmosphere.
Summary: The Salesperson reports to the Sales Manager and work to increase sales by developing relationships, gaining prospective clients and projects, and coordinating with clients throughout projects. The Salesperson monitors progress and ensures client satisfaction.
- Source sales leads through personal networking (Chamber, community, Association functions, etc.) and referral generation and convert leads to prospects.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop and maintain referral sources and leads.
- Use GDB Sales Script
- Qualify leads to meet Gayler standards and pursue only qualified prospects.
- Guide and manage prospects through the Gayler sales process to create sold construction agreements (Note: This position will require about 70% of time spent in lead generation and 30% in sales time).
- Conduct the initial consultation using the Sales Script and fill out to review Ballpark Budget, complete qualification, determine appropriate next step, and (if appropriate) obtain signed Design Agreement.
- Update and maintain lead, prospect and client data in all relevant Gayler electronic and paper systems.
- Prepare for and conduct lead, prospect and client sales, design and budget meetings to ensure the lead is properly qualified, the prospect is well informed and a good fit for Gayler and the client is highly satisfied.
- Prepare and present design and construction agreements.
- Work with Designer and Project Coordinator to create design that meets client’s needs, wants, scope and budget.
- Assist Project Coordinator with selections if needed.
- Once a month, attend Project Manager and Client weekly meeting for all ongoing construction projects.
- Attend weekly Sales meetings.
- Participate in the “job autopsies” and contribute to the creation of solutions to problems encountered during specific jobs.
- Learn the “product” (design and construction basics) and routinely take classes and workshops on the remodeling industry.
- Stay abreast of current remodeling trends, read Remodeling magazines regularly, utilize educational articles and seminars to improve sales ability.
- Work with Marketing Manager to come up with new or better marketing ideas to generate quality sales leads.
- Meet with designers to establish relationships and create marketing program with Marketing Manager for follow up.
- Maintain relationships with past clients.
Accountabilities: The Salesperson is accountable for completing the above tasks and activities to the following measurements of success and standards of quality and performance:
- Adhere to Gayler Design Build Inc. dress code and interact with clients in a respectful and professional manner.
- Exhibit the Gayler values in all activities while on project sites or Gayler offices.
- Provide clear, accurate, complete and on-time required and requested reports and communications.
- Read and understand the Employee Manual and know Gayler Design Build Inc.’s office policies and procedures.
- Ensure all company vehicles and equipment assigned to them are kept clean and well maintained.
- Close a minimum of $1 million in sales the first year at a 40% margin.
- Ensure 9s or higher on client review.
- Maintain a close ratio of 20% of qualified prospects.
- Sell additional work orders at same margin (40%).
- Manage personal day-to-day activities to meet the requirements of the position and to meet all quotas, milestones, deliverable deadlines and budgets.
Salary: Base pay $40 - $50K plus Commission
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Five (5) or more years of any type of Home Industry sales experience and/or Construction required
- Basic English proficiency as determined by: passing ESL 1 course, (or passing an equivalency test administered by Gayler Design Build Inc.)
- Valid California State driver’s license.
- Valid Social Security Number
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Pass background check without incident and pass drug testing
Please send your resume and career goals to Kelly at Gayler Design Build, 390 Diablo Road Suite #210, Danville CA 94526 or use the form below to submit it via email. Please note, all fields are required.