Ensuring safety in the workforce for our owners, designers, support staff, field personnel and vendor partners
The safety and well-being of our employees, clients, vendors, and all of our neighbors, families, and friends in the communities we serve, has always been our top priority. In order to minimize any risk of COVID-19 exposure or contamination, the following protocols are mandatory on all Gayler Design Build job sites. These procedures apply to all Gayler Design Build field personnel, staff, and subcontractors who work on a Gayler project.
Effective May 4, 2020, our construction teams will be operating with best practices, as provided by Contra Costa Health Services:
- Comply with all OSHA and Cal-OSHA laws and regulations
- Designate a site-specific COVID-19 supervisor (Site Project Manager and Office General Manager)
- Daily screen all arriving staff
- Establish a cleaning protocol for entering a job site
- Practice social distancing
- Create physical barriers to separate the construction zone from living spaces
- Prohibit gatherings of any size on the job
- Provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for all employees
- Stagger trades and suppliers
- Employees will not share tools
- Provide water and soap or hand sanitizer for all employees coming and leaving the job site
- Maintain daily health logs of all workers on the job site
Again, the health and safety of our clients and of our team are of utmost importance. Thank you for your trust.